LaVerna Village works very hard to assure that we are providing the most up-to-date services to meet the needs of our community. Obesity has become an ever increasing problem, not only in our community, but throughout our nation. In recognizing this, we have created an environment that can facilitate the needs of the Obese individuals that may desire our services. We provide:
- Private rooms.
- Bariatric beds with electric adjustments.
- Wheelchairs that can accommodate individual up to 500 lbs.
- Specialized lifts to facilitate transfers of obese individuals that are unable to stand or support weight.
- Shower environment capable of meeting the obese individual's needs.
- Assistive devices for those individuals.
Obesity-related health conditions reduce life expectancy. Some of the more common conditions that are associated with obesity include; Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Sleep Apnea, Depression and Osteoarthritis. We are able to assist these people with the management of their illnesses with trained, compassionate staff. An individual is considered Obese if they are >100lbs over their ideal body weight or with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of >40. 24/7 INTAKE